Monday 22 February 2021

McGuinness - a poem

 Got this  poem tonight from  Prionsias [  = Frank ] a friend who has seen a lot of the vicious atrocities of Provo IRA who were founded in Dec 1969. 


He is not on Blogspot  [ or indeed Twitter or Facebook ]  and he asked me to share  this poem.

*They told me, McGuinness, they told me you were dead;

They brought bitter news of all the blood he shed;

I wept as I remembered how often I heard

Of  Claudy and Mathers and of all the other dead*..

If I lived anywhere near where Prisoinsia does, I  would certainly be very  wary of ever  revealing anything of my location  - especially if I bravely recalled the bitter but inconvenient truth as he does.

He was led to write by the McGuinness Foundation recently offering a prize for a poem about  their *hero*.






No comments: